Running Hare 5K aka "The race with too many hills"

WILL RUN FOR WINE!

Convinced some folks from the gym (Calvert CrossFit North) and even the hubs to run this 5K at Running Hare Vineyard. Not only would the run be beautiful, but there was a free glass of wine (or beer) at the end!

Packet pick-up on Friday:

Pre-race fueling with steak, sweet potato fries, green beans, and red wine :)
 

Gym gang BEFORE the race (the first one is from the race photographer, but not everyone was there yet):

Some race photos. Take note of all the damn HILLS:
 

 

Why do some people look AWESOME at the end of a race (like my friend Shannon in the teal tank top or my friend Katie in the blue tank top) and others look like death (me)? This was Katie's FIRST 5K ever and she didn't even train for it. GO KATIE!
 

They had some motivational signs on the drive into the vineyard. I kept thinking about them during the race.
 

My friend Jeanette made these awesome shirts for herself, her husband John (the finish line jumper), and Michael. They stuck together during the 5K (John hates running and Michael only ran because John ran - "does John know a 5K is longer than 800m?!").

Some professional photographer photos. We enjoyed post-race wine.
 

Our team also one the team raffle and one bottle of wine for us all to share LOL. The weather was great, the homemade donuts (from Jeanette) were delicious, the wine was refreshing, and the company was the best.
 

I damn near died. The hills killed me. I think I blocked out this 5K and only remember the beginning and the wine at the end. I should probably hill train a little bit more in the future. It should help with all of these races. Until next race ...

Comments